Young Talent Shorts
STREAMING 10-13 SEPTEMBER
1. RUNNING AFTER (14m, UK) – A FILM BY WILL PEPPERCORN. TRAILER
An obsessed young distance runner is told that his current training regime is unsustainable and that he faces serious paralysis if he continues.
2. UNFORGETTABLE (19m, USA) – A FILM BY LUKE MULLEN.
Following the death of his parents, a teenage boy must learn to live with his Grandma who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease.
3. NIGHT SHIFT (16m, UK) – A FILM BYGEORGE DICKSON.
After a brutal robbery, a Shopkeeper sets out to get back what was stolen from him: his pride. Featuring a unique blend of fiction and reality.
4. THE BRASS ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM (13m, UK) – A FILM BY JUNIOR DAY AND ELEANOR DOLAN. TRAILER
The Man sits alone, sipping tea in an endless void, until a chandelier comes crashing down out of darkness. The pieces soon transform into a Woman and a peculiar journey arises for the newly met couple as the void presents objects and events that disrupt time, space and logic.
5. ANGRY LITTLE BOYS (22m, UK) – A FILM BY MAX TOBIN. TRAILER
Two arrogant boys argue at a university party, but the conflict soon escalated beyond control.
6. GROUNDING (8m, Ireland/UK) – A FILM BY OISIN-TOMAS O RAGHALLAIGH.
Sarah, a shy 15-year-old girl, finds the courage to open up about the abuse she and her brother have faced at the hands of their mother and the psychological consequences of it while attending an appointment at a children’s mental health facility. [Winner of NRFF London’s Best Young Talent Screenplay (2019)]
7. TRUST (6m, USA) – A FILM BY ALEX DEITSCH. TRAILER
Suspicions arise after Anna shows a series of photos to Eric
Total streaming time: 01:44m. Foreign language films will have English subtitles. Some content may be unsuitable for children under 15. If you experience a technical problem with VIMEO, please contact them directly and inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.