Music Videos and Animation
STREAMING 10-13 SEPTEMBER
1. MUSIC – FOREVER MINE – ALICE D (3m, UK) – A FILM BY SYLVIA SULI. WEBSITE
The phrase “Forever Mine” is something we associate with love letters and a significant other. In this music video by Alice D, the narrative is flipped and it’s as though you are writing a love letter to yourself. Through the good and the bad, you can always rely on yourself – I am forever mine and you are forever yours.
2. MUSIC – YOU’RE AFRAID – TISHMAL (3m, USA) – A FILM BY BENJI ALLRED. WEBSITE
When you’ve been cheated on, do you seek revenge or heal yourself by letting go of the ugly truth and moving on? ‘You’re Afraid’ is a paradigm shift on power. Taken from Tishmal’s album ‘You’re Afraid.’
3. MUSIC – CRASH LANDING – MYACKA (6m, UK) – A FILM BY MAXWELL HARRIS-THARP AND WILLIAM MILLER.
Crash Landing is a story that wrestles with the emotions and process we go through when people that mean a lot to us pass away. It follows a girl that has entered the world between death and the afterlife. She is there to find someone she never had the chance to say goodbye to, encountering many other lives and stories along the way.
4. MUSIC – THE MESSAGE – ONOE CAPONOE (3m, Japan) – A FILM BY KAZUE MONNO. WEBSITE
Planet Earth has become uninhabitable. A stray black cat attempts to escape to another planet.
5. MUSIC – I AM WHO I AM – ANNA GUTMANIS (4m, Canada) – A FILM BY DAVINA HADER.
“I Am Who I Am”, is a music video about fighting for our rights to live and love as gay women.
6. MUSIC – TIME SLIPS AWAY – DELANILA (5m, USA) – A FILM BY CHARLIE MYSAK. WEBSITE
A girl lost in the corridors of her imagination, creates her own dream world to dance in. The project is part of Delanila’s forthcoming album called Overloaded.
7. MUSIC AND ANIMATION – (THIS GILDED AGE) SO WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? – TULIPOMANIA (3m, USA) – A FILM BY CHERYL GELOVER AND TOM MURRAY. WEBSITE
A barrage of animated paint and collage ripped and reconfigured from print and film, presenting unsettling shifting surfaces. While the song’s repeated refrain suggests questionable motives by a reliably unreliable narrator, the imagery pounds out a sinister beat of disintegration. The animation was created by band members Cheryl Gelover and Tom Murray frame by frame, on thousands of individual sheets of paper.
An alien traveller from an advanced race who travels to the surface of a desolate planet, reawakens it and initiates a cycle that ends in the creation of life from death.
9. MUSIC AND ANIMATION – HOLLYWOOD – LEE ANN WOMACK (5m, UK) – A FILM BY CHRIS ULLENS. WESBITE
Lee Ann embarks on a cinematic road trip through iconic California, all shot frame by frame in rarely seen before rear projection stop motion. The combination of real backgrounds shot on location mixed with hand-crafted miniature foregrounds make this a really unique film.
10. ANIMATION – REGENERATION (2m, UK) – A FILM BY CAMERON CARR. TRAILER
A dystopian future in London; a horrific landscape where buildings grow arms, legs, and a keen eye for development; at the cost of humanity, the environment and historical buildings.
11. ANIMATION – COMMON MOLLY (4m, UK) – A FILM BY GEORGIE MONICA. WEBSITE
When a disturbing presence casts a shadow over everything you do, there comes a moment when you have to confront it. An exploration of intrusive thoughts and where they may lead.
A feral cat who stars on a network drama, takes ballroom dance lessons, and has an encounter with a predatory tow truck driver. Curtains explores the idea of vulnerability as a source of power and the emotional “curtains” we lay over our essential selves.
The world is about to be swallowed by a black In and outside of a black hole’s gravitational pull, Rob and Rana discover time takes on new meaning.
Total streaming time: 01:12m. Foreign language films will have English subtitles. Some content may be unsuitable for children under 15. If you experience a technical problem with VIMEO, please contact them directly and inform us at email@example.com.